[Dovecot] triggering multiple actions on pop-3 request

Skye Poier skye at f4.ca
Thu Mar 18 04:40:18 EET 2004

If you want to launch fetchmail, you'd probably want to do a fork()
after authentication.

In the child, you would execl() fetchmail.

In the parent you would wait() for the exit status of the child.

You probably wouldn't want to do that in dovecot-auth or it might block
all other auth while it is executing?  I haven't really looked at the
design so I don't know.  The best place would probably be right before
it tries to read the user's Maildir, in its own process.

(assuming login_process_per_connection = yes )

Skye