[Dovecot] dovecot tls configuration

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Sat Mar 27 02:55:36 EET 2004

Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:17:24PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
>
>>I looked through the web and the list archives, but couldn't find how to
>>set up the following:
>> - dovecot with ssl/tls enabled
>> - login from localhost allowed with and without tls
>> - login from remote hosts only allowed via tls
>

> I want this configuration as well.  I set:
>   imap_listen = 127.0.0.1
>   imaps_listen = *
> so that IMAP only binds to the localhost address, and IMAPS
> binds to all the interfaces.

It's possible to use tcpwrappers (hosts.allow and hosts.deny) or an
iptables type filter as well if you want to be able to connect to your
outside interface locally (for simplicity), but restrict other users.
Not as "to the point" as above, but still functional.

HTH,
-Rick

Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.