[Dovecot] dovecot tls configuration

Charlie Brady charlieb-dovecot at e-smith.com
Mon Mar 29 19:35:14 EEST 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:17:24PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > I looked through the web and the list archives, but couldn't find how to
> > set up the following:
> >  - dovecot with ssl/tls enabled
> >  - login from localhost allowed with and without tls
> >  - login from remote hosts only allowed via tls
>
> I want this configuration as well.  I set:
>   imap_listen = 127.0.0.1
>   imaps_listen = *
> so that IMAP only binds to the localhost address, and IMAPS
> binds to all the interfaces.

But imaps is not the same as imap/tls.

If you search the archives, you'll find a recipe from me for using
a chrooted stunnel as an imap proxy which can do starttls negotiation. You
can vary the flags which it is given at startup so that starttls can be
optional or compulsory depending on the connecting address.

--
Charlie

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.