[Dovecot] The Status: header is forced

Olivier Tharan olive at pasteur.fr
Tue Mar 30 22:57:41 EEST 2004

* Charlie Brady <charlieb-dovecot at e-smith.com> (20040330 13:03):
> > > Is the Status: header really needed in every case? This breaks
> > > mutt which displays mails with a 'O' flag instead of 'N'.
>
> Is mutt accessing the mail store directly, or via IMAP?

In this case, the mail is fetched with fetchmail and then mutt
accesses local mailboxes.

> > Well, I fixed it with a procmail rule, as these headers are
> > undoubtedly needed with other MUAs.
>
> Are you sure? If so, they are broken. RFC 2076 identifies the "Status:"
> header as non-standard. It's used for per-message storage of flags (which
> is done another way by dovecot with Maildir storage).

So mutt could be broken then?

But, when I fetch mail from my Dovecot server on a local machine,
and open the mailbox with mutt, I am most likely to not have seen
the mail before, so I do not understand why the Status: should be
'O'.
(well I suppose this has been debated before on various lists, so
I will dig on my own :)

--
olive