[Dovecot] Maildir files in cur without info

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Tue May 4 03:14:51 EEST 2004

Christoph Hohmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use the same Maildir dovecot uses with
> another program and encountered the problem that Dovecot
> seems to move files from new to cur in
> maildir-sync.c::maildir_scan_dir without adding an info
> part. On the page http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html is
> written that mails have to be renamed to uniq:info when
> moved to the cur directory.
>
> Could this be a bug in dovecot?

I've found that placing the files inside of the new directory instead of
the cur forces the files to be indexed as the MUA "sees" them as new
messages (which in theory, they are to that user/folder).

Not sure if this addresses what you're looking for, but it's how I've
gotten around the issue for now.

-Rick

Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.