[Dovecot] having hell of the time converting away from UW

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue May 18 18:10:12 EEST 2004

I just want to check and make sure not missing anything.

I'm trying to convert a customer away from UW.  unfortunately, all of
the mailboxes are in MBX format (my own mistake coming back to haunt me).

mailutil doesn't seem to do conversions properly.  It keeps complaining
about an existing copy of /mbox and only if I say to -merge append will
the copy proceed.

mailsync doesn't work well with hierarchies of mailboxes.  its copies
the top level mailboxes but proceeds to get sick on the sub mailboxes.

I'm not sure what other tools there are to help me get out from the mbx
rathole and over to the maildir wallow.

any suggestions?