[Dovecot] "important" flag

Rick Jones rick at activeservice.co.uk
Fri May 21 16:08:40 EEST 2004

I'm wondering what I'd need to do to get the "important" flag set on an
incoming message according to a pre-specified header.

I know the problem of this not being a "joined-up" feature in standard
email, but in practice many MUAs set headers like X-priority etc, and IMAP
has an "important" flag that is the obvious mapping.

I'm not really sure where would be the best place to try to put something
like this. Should it be the delivery agent (qmail in my case), the IMAP
server (i.e. Dovecot), or the MUA? To me the MUA doesn't make sense, as the
flag should be set before any specific MUA even gets to the message.

Since the flags are coded into the filenames when using maildir, is it
possible for qmail to deliver a message with the flag included in the
filename, and will Dovecot recognise it? If so I might try hacking qmail.

Or any other ideas - has anyone else tried this?

--
Rick Jones