[Dovecot] dovecot-auth leaves zombies

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 12 16:42:32 EET 2004

On 9.11.2004, at 13:24, Stefano Maffulli wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 04:09:49 +0200, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> Dovecot creates a new process for each PAM lookup, so it's pam_ldap
>> that is being stuck for some reason.
>
> Still, it's weird that dovecot-auth leaves zombie processes around.  I
> found yesterday an update of libpam_ldap in the unstable branch of
> debian; installed and I got no complaint from the users since...
> crossing fingers.

Oh, I somehow missed the meaning of zombie word when answering :)
Right, it shouldn't leave them. But I also don't see how it would.. It
should get rid of them once every second. Unless the dovecot-auth
process itself is stuck on something.

If you strace the dovecot-auth process, does it show calling waitpid()
every second?