[Dovecot] Fatal: chdir(homedir) failed: Permission denied

Καράμπης Παναγιώτης epp719 at epp.teicrete.gr
Sat Nov 13 18:00:53 EET 2004

hello all i run dovecot as my imap server on my university and squirrel as webmail. But squirrel returns an error:
ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server
CAPABILITY

i tail my /var/log/dovecot and this is the output with whatever user i try to log in and view mails:

dovecot: Nov 13 17:51:27 Fatal: chdir(/home/epp719) failed with uid 2975: Permission denied
dovecot: Nov 13 17:51:27 Error: child 17554 (imap) returned error 89
i give the:
root@(host edited):/root# ls -lad /home/epp719
drwx---r-x  4 epp719 users 368 2004-11-13 17:49 /home/epp719
and directory exists i tried also changing permissions on dir but same things happen.
both .qmail and Maildir exist in the home directory.

I attach the dovecot.conf file... any help is appreciated!

PS: Sorry about my english its not my native language.. oh i forgot squirrel gets data and attachments from mysql...