[Dovecot] automatic flag updates

Aaron VanDevender sig at netdot.net
Wed Nov 17 02:34:03 EET 2004

Is there a way to get dovecot to send automatic flag updates? I notice
that when I have two clients connected and one of them reads a new
message, the server sends a status update which contains the number of
unseen messages, but doesn't specifically say which ones have changed.
I think the solution to this problem, while not wasting bandwidth, is to
issue a unilateral FETCH FLAGS response whenever a flag changes. There
doesn't seem to be a way to get dovecot (I'm using 0.99.10) to do this.
Can the 1.0-test versions do this?

cya
.sig