[Dovecot] [OT] Apple Mail.app access to localhost imap when no network

Bertrand LUPART bertrand.lupart at linkeo.com
Mon Nov 22 13:26:56 EET 2004

> The problem is the following: I have a local IMAP server provided by
> dovecot, so that I can store my mail in maildir format, and read it
> both using mutt and Apple Mail.app. Mail.app is configured to access
> localhost:143 to access mail. However, I discovered that when there is
> no network connection (no ethernet cable plugged in and no wifi
> network), Mail.app is saying that it's working in disconnected mode
> and refuses to access the imap server.
>
> Would someone have a suggestion as to what to do to allow connected
> access to localhost when no network is present? I'm very new to OS X
> (I come from Linux).

I daily connect to my MacOS X box while disconnected, and i sometimes
get the same error with Safari. Reloading the page solves it.

Doesn't asking Mail.app to go online for this account help?

If not, maybe try to make a specific network configuration where all
network interfaces are disabled.

--
Bertrand

C'est au pied du mur qu'on voit le mieux le mur.