[Dovecot] [OT] Apple Mail.app access to localhost imap when no network

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Thu Nov 25 19:14:48 EET 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 12:23, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Hmm - what environment variables is that? Could you maybe provide the
> script?

Sure, see below.

> I want to connect directly to dovecot from offlineimap through an SSH
> tunnel (to avoid storing passwords in cleartext on my laptop), but have
> failed so far.

This script is what I use -- note that you need to have it on the
server, and then call ssh to execute that script (on the server)
immediately.

#!/bin/sh
# arch-tag: dbfe44f6-0d80-40c4-948a-bac05a804bf5

export MAIL=/home/johannes/Maildir
export MAILBOX_CHECK_INTERVAL=60
exec /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

johannes