[Dovecot] Cannot list mailbox

Fawad Halim fawad at fawad.net
Sun Nov 28 08:02:32 EET 2004

Hi,
	I  have dovecot 0.99.11 on a Linux machine running against a maildir
based mailbox. I am getting the following errors in the maillog:

Nov 27 23:08:14 fawad3 imap(fawad): file imap-bodystructure.c: line 278
(part_parse_headers): assertion failed: (part->physical_pos >=
input->v_offset - start_offset)
Nov 27 23:08:14 fawad3 dovecot: child 14202 (imap) killed with signal 6

This happens when the mail reader tries to enumerate the messages in the
INBOX. I am able to read the messages whose headers have already been
cached by the mail reader. It is also able to read others folders
without any problem. This problem has occured before, and I was able to
get rid of it by identifying the junk mail message it was dying on. In
this case, however, I'm not able to figure out which message is causing
it to crash. I am able to read the same maildir in mutt, and Courier
IMAP doesn't seem to have trouble with it either.

I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me what I can do to get
around this problem.

Regards
-fawad