[Dovecot] big troubel - damaged mailboxfolders

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Nov 30 11:37:18 EET 2004

Hi,

Simon Waters wrote:

> On Friday 26 Nov 2004 11:16 am, Götz Reinicke wrote:
>
>>Any ideas, what causes the damage?
>

> Is it the same as...
>
> http://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2004-September/004531.html

I think so :-((

>>And installing the test-version isnt an alternativ for my production
>>server vor 500 users.
>

> If the above, you may want to use maildir if you really want to stick with
> dovecot 0.99 I suspect?

What are the advantages of maildir?

How can I switch my current system to use maildir?

> Timo may know if there is a fix applied.
>
> But there really isn't some sort of magic that makes released software better
> than development, other than testing (or Timo) makes it so.

Hm...I'd say like the linux kernel-tree there should be a
development/test version for new features and a release version with
tested, working features...that there could be bugs in it is
conceptional...Ant the more a software is tested, the better it will be
:-), but I don't want to test software on a production server...and I
don't have a testlab for imap.

regards

Götz
--