[Dovecot] dovecot-auth

Piviul pluto at flanet.org
Tue Oct 5 19:20:27 EEST 2004

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and I hope you can forgive me
to have erroneusly send the previous message directly to your address
instead of the ML address.

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 5.10.2004, at 18:46, Piviul wrote:
> It probably means that the dn you gave in dovecot-ldap.conf doesn't have
> read access to everyone's userPassword field. This is required by
> Dovecot's current implementation.

As far as I know the *dn* I've inserted in the dovecot-ldap.conf have
read access to the userPassword field. In effect I've setted it in
slapd.conf and if I run

> ldapsearch -x -D *dn inserted in dovecot-ldap.conf* -w password

I can read the userPassword field of every user in the tree.

But if the problem is in the password field can be connected to the
crypted password stored in userPassword? I wrong to set *pass_attrs =
uid,{SSHA}userPassword* in dovecot-ldap.conf?

Piviul