[Dovecot] Spaces removed from subjects in FETCH response

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 6 18:58:25 EEST 2004

On 6.10.2004, at 17:58, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> It looks like dovecot-0.99.10.9-1.FC3.2 is frustrating this by
> stripping the excess spaces from the subject before reporting it in
> FETCH responses. Here's an actual subject line:

Yes, and I think other servers do this as well. See the "Envelope
mangling" thread in:

http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/wuimap-l/imap-03/imap-0305/imap-030500/

and "the official conclusion":

http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/wuimap-l/imap-03/imap-0305/imap-030500/
imap03052307_10796.html

I still don't think it's necessarily such a good idea, but I'd rather
not break it on purpose. You could anyway fix it by changing sources:

Bottom of lib-imap/imap-quote.c :

	imap_quote_append(str, value, value_len, TRUE);

change TRUE to FALSE.