[Dovecot] dovecot and (no) new incomming mail - migration from wu-imapd

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Oct 8 18:44:32 EEST 2004

Hi,

I recently installed dovecot 0.99 on a fedora core 1 Server which used
the wu-imap-server.

dovecot starts and I can subscribe to my old imapfolders, but if I send
mails to my account, this new mail arent downloaded. If I quit Mozilla
and restart Mozilla, the recently send mails are in my inbox.

We use also a webmailsystem, so I could verify that the mails are in the
inbox without relogging in.

This phenome is not showing up by all my imap accounts.

I'm testing with mozilla 1.7.3 and 1.8a4 on a mac os x 10.3.5 Client.

The Inbox-folder for the "defect" account is showing in italic and grey
ghosted (in the folder list), the folder in the working account is normal.

A user using Netscape 7.1 on a Windows XP Client has also no Problems....

Any Ideas?

regards

Götz Reinicke
--