[Dovecot] Power user

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 11 20:33:10 EEST 2004

On 11.10.2004, at 16:24, Debreu, Alexis wrote:

> I am very new to dovecot and I would like to know if there is a way to
> configure a user with all the read/write right on all mailbox.
>
> I would like to have a power user (PowerUser) able to reach USER1
> mailbox
> using the following login
>  PowerUser at domain/USER1 at domain and the password will be the PowerUser
> password.

Not yet. But I guess I should one day add support for it. Most SASL
mechanisms support it directly without a kludgy username.

I'm not sure about the configuration though. For passwd-file I guess
there could be just one global flag which means that the user has
access to everyone's mails. For LDAP and SQL I guess the
pass_filter/password_query could have a few new %vars to describe the
other user. Or maybe there needs to be a separate filter/query for that
case. Hmm.

Do you want the poweruser to have access to all mailboxes, or just for
the one domain? What passdb are you using?