[Dovecot] Detecting unused accounts

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 21:50:30 EEST 2004

> I'm looking for a way to figure out which accounts have not been logged
> in to in over n days.  It occurs to me that, perhaps, the way to do this
> would be to look at the mtime on one of the dovecot-maintained files,
> like 'dovecot-uidlist'.  Is there a particular file that would be
> modified on (almost) every login, whether it be via POP or IMAP?

The finger command (at least in redhat) looks at teh atime of
/var/spool/mail/username
You may be able to do somethign similar but it is dependant on using mbox
in that dir.

Some filesystems may also be mounted to NOT updated the atime of files
(Saves "unnecassary" hard disk writes).

--
Dean Earley AKA Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/