[Dovecot] Does dovecot support subfolders in Outlook (and in general)

AWC Maillists maillists at awcconsulting.com
Tue Oct 12 23:01:59 EEST 2004

Ok,
I am playing around with dovecot and things are running relatively
smoothly.  I am using Outlook as that is what the client uses for
Email.  I can copy messages to and from the IMAP folder.  I can create
folders from the root directory fine.

My question is this.
I have folders like this:

IMAPServer
--Inbox
--Trash
--WorkToDo

Now when I try and create a subfolder in "WordToDo" I get an error
message "Unable to create the folder. The server responded:  'Mailbox
doesn't allow inferior mailboxes'
When I try to create a subfolder in "Inbox" I get an error message
"Unable to create the folder.  The folder 'Inbox' cannot contains
subfolders..."

So is this a limitation of Dovecot?   Another problem with Outlook?  Or
do I have some configuration problem on my end?

Thanks.

--- Charles
PS:  My first impressions of dovecot are very positive.  It is a much
cleaner and, so far, easier to handle IMAP server than the heavyweight
UW & Cyrus IMAP servers.  Congrats on a impressive program.