[Dovecot] Index corruption

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Mon Oct 18 06:27:16 EEST 2004

Gregory Bond wrote:

> I can't get the imapd from this release to start up.  No matter what I
> do, I'm getting this error:
>
>    auth(default): We couldn't drop root group privileges (wanted=1,
> gid=0, egid=0)
>
> even before it asks for username.

I ran into this problem with the later test versions on Solaris 9.  Joshua
Goodall gave me a two line patch (which i don't have here, I'm afraid) to revert
this check which came in around test43 (from memory).

A check of the list archives finds his recommendation was to use
src/lib/restrict-access.c revision 1.13 from CVS.

The issue is still outstanding, it seems.

Timo - I have a few Solaris 9 boxes, and will happily perform whatever tests
will help.

--
Curtis.