[Dovecot] Occasional error msgs from 1.0-test49

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 20 02:45:25 EEST 2004

On 20.10.2004, at 02:32, Gregory Bond wrote:

> 	The current command did not succeed.  The mail server responded:
> 	Error in IMAP command UID: Invalid BODY[..] parameter:
> 	Missing '>' in '<36864,-34800>'.

There are two potential reasons for this. One is that Dovecot replies
something wrong and causes Thunderbird to send negative message size
request. Another is that it's entirely Thunderbird bug which Dovecot
just points out. Most (all?) other servers would treat -34800 as
4294932496 and hide the problem. This is what Dovecot 0.99.x did too.

So far I'm thinking it's Thunderbird bug which should be fixed. Even if
Dovecot was responsible in some way for it, it shouldn't be sending
negative message sizes.