[Dovecot] procmail, mutt, and Mac OS X

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Oct 20 23:14:08 EEST 2004

* Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> On 20.10.2004, at 21:53, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
> >After installing a more recent procmail (the default one from Apple has
> >a bug with "/" in the filenames, so I used the one from Fink), I sent
> >myself a message, which was delivered correctly to Maildir/.INBOK/new
> >(I
> >can see the file there). However, I cannot see this file from mutt. I
> >think it is dovecot that is not seeing it, as I tried quitting and
> >restarting mutt.
>
> INBOX is a special case. Maildir/.INBOX/ only contains indexes for
> INBOX, the actual INBOX directory is just Maildir/ (ie. it should write
> to Maildir/new).

This was a tricky one ;-)

I think I now have a fully working local setup (I still need to test
with Mail.app when I get to work). The next step will be to work on IMAP
synchronization. By the way, is someone here using isync.sf.net or
offlineIMAP with dovecot?

Thanks again for the quick response and the great support.

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.
.O.