[Dovecot] Hooking postfix into dovecot

Tom Sommer ts at dreamcoder.dk
Thu Oct 21 22:59:19 EEST 2004

Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2004 08:48 am, Tom Sommer wrote:
>
>>Cyrus has to be added to master.cf and transport_maps has to be set to
>>"cyrus:localhost".
>

> I'm not even sure what you are asking but you simply configure postfix to
> deliever to maildir. This is very easy. You dant have to hook dovecot in in
> any way to postix. Then setup dovecot to read from maildir.

I use maildir.
But, and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, how do I send the mails
to dovecot from postfix?

I'm using dovecot and postfix with mysql and while I can connect and
auth with dovecot through MySQL - I do not know how to get dovecot to
pick up the messages sent to postfix. Tutorials or HOWTOs on this are
hard to come by :)

My default_mail_env is "maildir:/var/mail/dovecot/%d/%n/Maildir"

--
Tom Sommer
http://dreamcoder.dk