[Dovecot] default_mail_env problems

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 22 16:55:16 EEST 2004

On 20.10.2004, at 13:46, Neil Marjoram wrote:

> So I set these parameters for default_mail_env :
>
> mbox:~/Mail/:INBOX=~/Mail/.mailbox

~/ actually doesn't work after INBOX=. I guess I should finally fix
that. Use %h instead, ie:

mbox:~/Mail/:INBOX=%h/Mail/.mailbox

> I would like to put the indexes on the local system in
> /var/indexes/{username}, so I decided to set:
>
> default_mail_env = INDEX=/var/indexes/%d/%n

You're giving only INDEX there, but without any information where mails
are located. So you'd need:

mbox:~/Mail/:INBOX=%h/Mail/.mailbox:INDEX=/var/indexes/%d/%n

or something.