[Dovecot] sig11 with test36/37 on some emails

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Wed Sep 1 03:06:44 EEST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:16:03 +0300
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

:On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 18:58 -0700, Peter Hessler wrote:
:> Sometimes I'll get an email from a luser which will cause the POP3 daemon
:to> sig11.  The email "appears" to be legal.  The sig11s only happen on
:specific> emails, and once I remove the emails from the server, the rest
:can be> downloaded.  I gzipped the email, and its at
:> http://theapt.org/bogusemail.gz.  While this example is international
:spam,> the sig11s happen with real emails too.
:
:Thanks. Also because of this I found a bug in output stream code which
:sometimes made it send wrong data. This bug has been there forever,
:strange that it hasn't caused much problems.
:
:

I can verifiy that you fixed it.  Thanks.

--
Q:  How many IBM cpu's does it take to do a logical right shift?
A:  33.  1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.