[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot, Outlook Express and new accounts

David Sheryn David.Sheryn at ballooning.org.uk
Wed Sep 1 16:19:58 EEST 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, news.gmane.org wrote:

> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:10:05 +0100
> From: news.gmane.org <chills at ne-worcs.ac.uk>
> To: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Subject: [Dovecot] Re: Dovecot, Outlook Express and new accounts

  [ ... ]

> Mine is
>
> local_delivery:
>    driver = appendfile
>    delivery_date_add
>    envelope_to_add
>    return_path_add
>    mode = 0660
>    directory_mode = 0770
>    directory = $home
>    maildir_format
>    create_directory
>
> I noticed I did not have the create_directory directive, which I added,
> but to no avail :/ (Yes I did restart exim!)

Can you post your whole config ?  I suspect that the problem actually lies
elsewhere.

DHS
--
David Sheryn -- david at ballooning dot org dot uk

 "Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
  to a dns query that was never made.
  Fix information: run your DNS service on a different platform."
  -- bugtraq