[Dovecot] dovecot+postifx+ldap

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 2 13:42:38 EEST 2004

On 31.8.2004, at 18:59, venne wrote:

> 3 postfix seem able to send messages to local virtual users(thanks of
> ldap/pam ldap authentification). the /var/mail/%u files are up2dated
> by postfix, but I simply can't get any mails with thoses dovcot logs:
> pop3-login: Login: mwerly [192.168.1.7]
> Aug 31 17:47:35 dental01 pop3: I/O leak: 0x8050d70 (0)
> Aug 31 17:47:35 dental01 pop3: I/O leak: 0x8084db0 (1)

Looks like the only way for those I/O leaks to happen is if user is
authenticated ok, but mailbox can't be opened for some reason. I fixed
this now and also made it always log at least some error message. The
I/O leaks themselves are just warnings that everything wasn't cleaned
up properly.

Your real problem is probably that the pop3 user don't have permissions
to the mailbox or it doesn't exist.