[Dovecot] dovecot+postifx+ldap

venne richard at dental-on-line.fr
Thu Sep 2 15:54:28 EEST 2004

i saw that:

3. Only /var/mail mboxes

With POP3 it's been traditional that users have their mails only in
/var/mail directory. IMAP however supports having multiple mailboxes, so
each user has to have a private directory where the mailboxes are
stored. Dovecot also needs a directory for it's indexes unless you
disable them completely.

I have no plans to support INBOX-only IMAP. If you only need POP3, you
might then as well use another POP3 server. Dovecot isn't anything
special as a POP3 server.

:o(
my users dont have thier own homedirectory, only a mbox.

--
richard venne
dental-on-line