[Dovecot] 0.99.11-rc2

Zoong Pham dpham at mercy.com.au
Fri Sep 3 02:45:37 EEST 2004

I configured, compiled and installed the RC2 the same way as dovecot-0.99.10.9.
There were no error at all.
Here is how I configured:
./configure --without-pam --without-shadow --without-vpopmail --localstatedir=/var --with-ssldir=/etc/ssl --with-ssl=openssl

I also ran these:
- mkdir /var/run/dovecot
- chown _dovecot:_dovecot /var/run/dovecot

I started dovecot the same way
as dovecot-0.99.10.9 and with the same config file.
The return code is 0 but there are no dovecot processes at all.
And the POP3 client can't connect. netstat reports port 110 (for POP3)
is not listening.

What's wrong here?
How can I turn on debugging with dovecot?

Currently, I restored the backup of dovecot-0.99.10.9 binary and everying
works again.

Thanks,
Zoong

THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL.  If you have received this email in error please forward it to information at mercy.com.au.  It may contain personal information and it is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this email in error you must not use, copy forward, print or otherwise disseminate any information it contains.
Mercy Health & Aged Care is a Catholic community benefit organisation.  Each year one in twenty Victorian families are touched by the services we provide.  Visit www.mercy.com.au for more information.
Our services include:
* Mercy Hospital for Women - East Melbourne (moving to Heidelberg in 2005) * Werribee Mercy Hospital - Werribee * Mount Alvernia Mercy Hospital - Bendigo * Mercy Hospice - Western suburbs * O'Connell Family Centre - Canterbury * Corporate Office - Richmond * Rice Village - Geelong * Tullamore Mercy - Montrose * Eventide Mercy - Colac * Bethlehem Home for the Aged - Bendigo *