[Dovecot] file ostream-file.c: assertion failed with v1.0-test38

dovecot dovecot at goetel.net
Sat Sep 4 07:59:37 EEST 2004

Hi,

> IMAP(username): file ostream-file.c: line 105
> (update_buffer): assertion failed: (size <= used) Sep  4

 Same error occurs here, using test38 on Fedora Core 1. For me, the
error occurs only using Outlook (2003 in my case). Horde's WebMail
client IMP and OpenNMS' IMAP poller work fine though. Reverting back to
test32 helped, after I found out about a recent change in ostream-file.c
in CVS aroung August 15.

 BTW, test32 fixes the mbox 'empty lines at beginning of file'
corruption problem someone reported here lately too.

Regards,
Martin