[Dovecot] 100% CPU utilisation

Zoong Pham dpham at mercy.com.au
Mon Sep 6 03:28:34 EEST 2004

Dovecot (0.9.11) consumes 100% CPU utilisation when accessing
(either pop or imap) one of my mailboxes. It doesn't happen
with other mailboxes.
The mailbox has about 500 mails while others have many more.
They are all in mbox format.

OS: OpenBSD-3.5 with all patches
MTA: Sendmail-8.12.11
It happened with other RCs of dovecot-0.9.11
Configured as: ./configure --without-pam --without-shadow --without-vpopmail --localstatedir=/var --with-ssldir=/etc/ssl --with-ssl=openssl

There is no strange information in /var/log/maillog except the
normal ones like:
Sep  6 10:12:40 onion imap-login: Login: zoong [127.0.0.1]

The pop or imap clients (mutt and squirrel-1.4.3a) just stay at "opening INBOX ...".
mutt can open directly the mailbox without any problem.
I rebooted the server and problem still happening.

Can someone advise how to find out what's wrong here?
I guess there is some kind of corruption within the mailbox.

Thanks,
Zoong PHAM

THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL.  If you have received this email in error please forward it to information at mercy.com.au.  It may contain personal information and it is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this email in error you must not use, copy forward, print or otherwise disseminate any information it contains.
Mercy Health & Aged Care is a Catholic community benefit organisation.  Each year one in twenty Victorian families are touched by the services we provide.  Visit www.mercy.com.au for more information.
Our services include:
* Mercy Hospital for Women - East Melbourne (moving to Heidelberg in 2005) * Werribee Mercy Hospital - Werribee * Mount Alvernia Mercy Hospital - Bendigo * Mercy Hospice - Western suburbs * O'Connell Family Centre - Canterbury * Corporate Office - Richmond * Rice Village - Geelong * Tullamore Mercy - Montrose * Eventide Mercy - Colac * Bethlehem Home for the Aged - Bendigo *