[Dovecot] 100% CPU utilisation

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Mon Sep 6 17:44:15 EEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:34:03AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 6.9.2004, at 03:28, Zoong Pham wrote:
>

> >Dovecot (0.9.11) consumes 100% CPU utilisation when accessing
> >(either pop or imap) one of my mailboxes. It doesn't happen
> >with other mailboxes.
> >The mailbox has about 500 mails while others have many more.
> >They are all in mbox format.
>
> Probably because one of the lines in it is larger then 4096 bytes?
> Header parser doesn't really like that. I should get that fixed in
> 1.0-tests..

Are you talking physical line length, or actual header line length
(including continuation lines)?  I guess strictly speaking you
aren't supposed to see a physical line length of 4096 bytes, but
even so, that's a low limit.

-mm-

(Saw a message the other day with a Cc: header over 93,000 characters
long.  Yeah, it was spam, but it was still there..)