[Dovecot] pop/imap & smtp auth installation with just one userdb

Christoph Steigmeier chris at hypernet.ch
Fri Sep 10 16:50:16 EEST 2004

Hi

First of all thanks to the authors of dovecot. It's a pleasure to work
with it.

I would like to ask, if somebody has an idea about how I can combine all
mailusers (dovecot pop/imap & sendmail smtp) into one db, given that I'd
like to use sasl with CRAM-MD5 as authentication mechanism to ensure security. The idea
behind my question is, that it is easier to administer all mail users,
which in my case are mostly non-interactive users, into one db, instead of
creating native unix accounts for them.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks and Kind regards

Chris