[Dovecot] problems building / starting test40 + test42

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Sep 14 02:53:13 EEST 2004

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 09:39:33AM +1000, Curtis Maloney wrote:
>

>>Making all in auth
>>make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 701: Unexpected end of line seen
>>Current working directory /home/pkg/dovecot-1.0-test42/src/auth
>

> this is the standard error you get when using sun's make on a Makefile that
> assumes GNU make.  get and install GNU make (if you don't already have it
> installed)

I had a suspicion that might be the case.  Is there any way to overcome this
without swapping to GNU Make?  Or is it a limitation of autoconf/automake?

I realise installing GNU Make isn't a big issue (thank you, Sun Freeware :), but
I tend to prefer to solve causes, not symptoms :)

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net