[Dovecot] Logging IMAP transactions

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Sep 15 02:36:05 EEST 2004

Mulberry has the ability to log the IMAP exchange client-side. Is there an
equivalent logging feature in Dovecot (0.99) to log the IMAP exchange
server-side?

My problem is that Mulberry is displaying some complex MIME structures
incorrectly (eg. nested/forwarded messages) but it seems to go away if I
close a folder and re-open it. I'm suspecting that Dovecot is reporting the
wrong structure on first access and then fixes something on subsequent
accesses. I'd like to log the FETCH result with the structure information
to see if I can spot this happening.