[Dovecot] Weird behaviour with multiple accounts pointing to same maildir

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Sep 17 15:40:34 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 14.9.2004, at 03:45, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> > If I create multiple accounts that all use the same Maildir for
> > delivery (i.e. joe_smith at domain.com, js at domain.com, js at otherdomain.com)
> > it seems to work well.  Except that the user can _only_ log in as
> > the first record in the database via IMAP.  (i.e. in the example
> > above, the user could log in as joe_smith at domain.com, but not the
> > others)  Logging in as the others does not produce any erros (that
> > I can find, anyway) but the user can't see his/her mail.
>
> What is default_mail_env set to? It shouldn't contain %u or %n. That's
> all I can think of.

Damn you're good.

Looking at the information I provided, I'm impressed that you were able
to find that solution.  I replaced the default_mail_env with
maildir:%h and all is well now.  Not sure what I was thinking that I
didn't notice the obvious problem myself.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies