[Dovecot] Lost messages with Mozilla and dovecot 0.99.x

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 21 18:57:36 EEST 2004

On 21.9.2004, at 18:42, John Peacock wrote:

> I'm also going to look at whatever debugging messages are available in
> dovecot; it would be useful to see a log of all imap transactions, not
> just login, so I could confirm that it is the client process
> requesting that the files be deleted and not somethink with dovecot
> itself (or some hardware failure).

I think it's highly unlikely that Dovecot deletes them without a
request from client. Only possibility would be that Dovecot's internal
state gets somehow messed up and it marks wrong message to be deleted,
which gets expunged after client issues expunge command. But those two
steps are still required. If you didn't mark anything to be deleted
Dovecot couldn't have done it by itself.

For seeing the transactions, rawlog would do it. At the bottom of
http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html