[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0-test45 indexing issues

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 22 00:38:25 EEST 2004

On 22.9.2004, at 00:36, dovecot at spam.turbolink.net wrote:

> If I switch to mail_read_mmaped=no everything works, but performance is
> extremely bad.

There shouldn't be hardly any performance difference with mmaped=no vs.
yes, but I'll look into that problem..

>  I have a few test mailboxes with about 20k messages and if
> I toggle a message flag from unread to read, dovecot seems to re-read
> the
> entire mailbox up to that message (I saw this with strace).

You set the flag with Dovecot? It shouldn't do that (and doesn't with
me). Did anything else modify the mbox at the same time, for example if
new mail was just written to the mbox? What OS is this? What
filesystem? Can I see the strace log?