[Dovecot] Thunderbird 0.8 - Inbox grayed out and does not update

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Mon Sep 27 08:28:32 EEST 2004

Sitapati das wrote:
> Thanks very much for the reply Curtis. I did some investigation guided
> by your points. I read mail-storage.txt and edited the dovecot.conf to
> include this line:
>
> default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

Hope you converted your old mail over, too :)

> This seems to have fixed it. Evolution continues the same, but
> Thunderbird now receives the new messages.
>
> I'm using dovecot-0.99.10.5-0.FC2

Wow.. that's a bit old.  There are quite a number of improvements since then.  I
believe, from reading other posts, that there are newer packages available for
Fedora Core... try searching the list archives.  Definitely worth updating, imho.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net