[Dovecot] LDA Wishlist idea

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Fri Apr 1 21:52:06 EEST 2005

Mark Lidstone wrote:

> Demon (an ISP) have extensions to POP3 they call "SDPS" - there's
> basically an extra command that can be called for an email and it gives
> the envelope rcpt and from addresses.  I was wondering if there was any
> chance of future versions of Dovecot allowing something similar?

As demon says, SDPS works by accessing "the same mail spools as are used
by SMTP". Dovecot does not do this. And I don't see a need for that.
Configure your MTA to put the envelope data into the mail header (e.g.
Return-path and Envelope-to). I used this several times for
multidrop-mailboxes (which also seems to be the main use of SDPS).