[Dovecot] virtual user question

Steve Hoffman srhoffman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 00:14:56 EEST 2005

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm new to the list and
to dovecot.
I'm trying to add imap to our existing setup where we host many
virtual domains and would like to use dovecot to do it as I find it's
one of the most configurable I've seen so far.  The problem is that
our virtual users passwd files are kept in seperate directories so
/etc/virtual/%d/passwd, but I can't use the variable substitution in
the dovecot.conf file as it results in a load error because it won't
translate the %d.  I'm using the latest development release, test65.

I read in the config file that you can use many passdb's but do I have
to put them all in there or is there a way to use some sort of
substitution?

The other issue I'm having is when I try to test the connection (with
a hard coded path to passwd) it fails auth if I pass the username
"user at domain.com" but passes if I pass just "user".  Any help or
places you can point me for these issues?

Thanks,
Steve