Problems logging in (Was: Re: [Dovecot] 1.0-test66)

Tero Ripattila tero at ripattila.com
Mon Apr 4 11:28:05 EEST 2005

Hello Timo,

--On 3. huhtikuuta 2005 2:02 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> I've still lots of mails in my INBOX and in this list that I should be
> looking into.. But here's a release that fixes at least some things.
> Maybe I'll make another one tomorrow..

This new test release is a lot faster than the -test61 I used to run
before - Good work, Timo!

But there're some problems also. I keep getting errors like I've pasted
below when I try to login to my IMAP account:

dovecot: Apr 04 10:58:58 Info: imap-login: Login: tero at ripattila.com
[62.142.x.y]
dovecot: Apr 04 10:58:58 Error: IMAP(tero at ripattila.com): file
index-mail-headers.c: line 68 (index_mail_parse_header_finish):
assertion failed: (match[match_idx] != mail->header_match_value + 1)
dovecot: Apr 04 10:58:59 Error: child 863 (imap) killed with signal 6

What's most annoying this assertion failure prevents me from accessing
my mailbox.

I noticed that both of my desktop e-mail clients, Mulberry and The
Bat!, gives me this error, but for example Squirrelmail does not. Maybe
they talk IMAP a bit differently or something. Another difference is
that Mulberry and The Bat! uses SSL-enabled connection and SM does not.

I've updated from test-61 very recently. Have the structure of index
files changed somehow? Perhaps I should rm -rf 'em?

Thanks, Tero

--
Tero Ripattila