[Dovecot] Delimiter of mailbox changes in response to STATUS command...

Lawrence Katz lists at larryka.tzo.com
Thu Apr 7 01:33:31 EEST 2005

Hi Chris -

Thank you for the reply.

> I can't reproduce this in our setup in either 1.0-stable or
> 1.0-test66. What's your namespace definition and MAIL= environment?
> What does
>
> 1 LIST "Misc/" "*"
>
> give you?

The LIST command returns what I expect to see (for readability):

2 list "Misc/" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Misc/Spam"

> Can you 1 SELECT "Misc/Spam" OK?

I can select that mailbox as well as others without a problem.

Here's what NAMESPACE returns:

3 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL

My namespace definition in dovecot.conf is as follows:

namespace private {
   separator = /
#   prefix =
#   location =
   inbox = yes
#   hidden = yes
}

I didn't have default_mail_env set to anything, but I just tried the
following without a change in the STATUS command's behavior:

default_mail_env = maildir:/home/%u/Maildir

Is there any other information that might help?

Thanks,
Lawrence