[Dovecot] Delimiter of mailbox changes in response to STATUS command...

Lawrence Katz lists at larryka.tzo.com
Thu Apr 7 16:03:18 EEST 2005

Hi Chris -

> OK, here's a patch for 1.0-stable, but it's not very elegant
> (essentially it has to find the namespace for the mailbox a second
> time).

Thank you for the quick turn around.  I'm not too familiar with using
"patch" and adjusting for different offsets, so I manually applied your
changes to my test66's cmd-status.c. I recompiled Dovecot, then removed my
changes from Hastymail and everything looks good.

BTW, I noticed the following during a manual test via telnet:

2 status misc/spam (UNSEEN)
2 NO Mailbox doesn't exist: misc.spam

I may be offbase here, but it looks like Dovecot always uses a "." as the
mailbox separator/delimiter when it passes mailboxes around to the various
cmd functions.  Is this correct? Is there some common code in which this
could be changed?  I don't know how necessary it is, since everything
except for the default STATUS code seems to be working for me.

Thanks again,
Lawrence