[Dovecot] Delimiter of mailbox changes in response to STATUS command...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 8 02:18:57 EEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 16:50 +0100, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> > BTW, I noticed the following during a manual test via telnet:
> >
> > 2 status misc/spam (UNSEEN)
> > 2 NO Mailbox doesn't exist: misc.spam
>
> You're right! I only fixed the "OK" response. I'll try and do the other
> for completeness.

Probably too much trouble, if it's even possible to fix all of them..

I'm going to move the namespace handling to lib-storage code and
separate mailbox formats from the mailbox listing completely. Maybe the
separator code gets somewhat cleaner then..

> In the LIST code, it prepends the prefix then replaces the "real"
> separator with the other (if different) before displaying it to the
> mail client, so I tried to do the same for STATUS.

There's a bit easier way to do it too, just send client back the mailbox
exactly as it sent it to Dovecot :) I did it like that to CVS.