[Dovecot] Syslog, Dovecot, and LogWatch

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 03:58:31 EEST 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 11:42, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> It looks like it's hard-coded to use "LOG_MAIL" facility and various
> levels. You could probably modify it to use a LOG_LOCAL<X> facility -
> see the "i_set_failure_syslog()" call in
> src/[master, auth, imap, pop3]/main.c

Timo, have you considered a syslog_facility option? At busy sites I
like to keep Postfix separate from the IMAP daemon. I do this by
changing Postfix's syslog_facility, but it would be nice to have the
choice. Thanks.

> You can also opt not to use syslog at all, see dovecot-example.conf
> "log_path =" for how to specify log files.

I'm curious, what are the relative advantages of this?
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header