[Dovecot] Failed to create storage with data:

matthieu imbert matthieu.imbert at ens-lsh.fr
Wed Apr 13 21:46:01 EEST 2005

Chris Wakelin wrote:
> Ah, you're using POP! I'm more of an IMAP person myself :)

i did not look at the imap code but i agree that it must be
very similar. btw i run both imap and pop3 daemons, and the
same problem arises with imap. I choosed to look at the pop
code to debug this.

> Anyway, it looks pretty similar in src/pop3/main.c; it still seems the
> "mail" variable should have "maildir:" in it and yours doesn't
> according to the error message.

i'll check the documentation again to ensure that my options
are set properly, and see if "maildir:" is missing, though i
doubt that this could be the cause of my problems since when
the directory is created, everything works well, thanks for
pointing me on this though

> I've no idea how to trace things with gdb (I can just about dump a
> backtrace from a core file, and that's it!).

currently looking at it, seems that i'll have to insert a
sleep call just after pop3d's entry point ? Anyone can help
? Timo, how do you debug your code ? ;-)

Matthieu