[Dovecot] test-67 index issues.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Apr 17 19:02:11 EEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 18:06 -0700, Dan Sully wrote:
> I've been seeing a lot of these in my logs:
>
> dovecot: Apr 11 17:48:24 Error: IMAP(fenner): Lost transaction log file /home/f/fenner/Maildir/dovecot.index.log seq 3
..
> Agent is Apple Mail. Previously removing the indexes and letting them rebuild fixed the issue.
>
> Now I've had to restart the server and remove the indexes.

Actually all you'd have to do is to kill the one imap process which is
generating all of them. I changed the code now so that it disconnects
the client itself when this happens.

The reason why these have started happening now more is that Dovecot
rotates its transaction log files more aggressively. It probably should
keep the old log file around for a while longer so they wouldn't keep
getting lost..