[Dovecot] password_verify in test67 with ldap

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Apr 19 12:39:51 EEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 06:51:17PM +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> 'auth_request_verify_plain' function which, in turns pass it to the
> function pointed to by 'passdb->verify_plain' (that is
> 'ldap_verify_plain') which doesn't use it [instead maybe of setting
> the 'passdb_ldap_request' 'password' field with it ?].

A quick and dirty fix confirms what I was saying :

If I add :

  strncpy(ldap_request->password,password,50);

in

  auth/passdb-ldap.c:ldap_verify_plain

the authentication against LDAP works correctly.

I don't send a real patch since, of course, the correct way to do the
same fix is to use your pool and string dupliation functions, which
I'm not quite used to yet. I'm either waiting for your confirmation
and/or official patch, or I'm going to read more about those
functions.

thank you

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur